Wide variance in product quality has led to public concern towards the safety and efficacy of Chinese medicine products in the market. IACM Ltd. established the "A-Mark Quality Chinese Medicines Authentication Scheme", so as to assure the quality of awarded CM product and to benefit public health.
"A-Mark Quality Chinese Medicines Authentication Scheme" endorsed by Hong Kong Chinese Medicines Authentication Centre aims to promote Chinese products that:
- Pass authentication including microscopic identification of herbs;
- Pass safety tests on heavy metals, pesticide residues and microbiological contents; and
- Comply with chemical marker requirements as stipulated in the Pharmacopoeia of the People’s Republic of China 2005.
CM products participated in the A-Mark scheme must pass all tests for at least 8 submitted and random checked samples annually. This is to ensure the quality of A-Mark awarded product is stable in order to safeguard public health.
|Product using A‑Mark endorsement in HK market||Product using A‑Mark endorsement in China market||Product using A‑Mark endorsement in both China and HK market|
|Quantity of annual submitted sample by client||4||12||16|
|Quantity of annual random checked sample by IACM||4||8||12|
1. Products with the same product name but different packing size will be counted as 2 products.
2. Products with the same ingredient but different product name/ packaging/ packing size will be counted as 2 products.
3. Product sample quantity to be confirmed if A‑Mark endorsement to be used in other countries.
For those who are interested to join "A-Mark Quality Chinese Medicines Authentication Scheme", please kindly contact IACM.
|Institute for the Advancement of Chinese Medicine (IACM) Ltd.|
|Address:||Unit 702, 7/F, Biotech Centre 1, No. 9 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong.|
|Tel:||(852) 3468 8888|
|Fax:||(852) 3468 8868|